- Your skin
The gift of soothing
Skin sensitivity can be natural, long-term or occasional, causing discomfort and tightness
Learn all about sensitive skin
Whatever your skin type, certain factors can trigger or worsen over-sensitivity in your skin: this is when your skin reacts strongly to a substance that it shouldn't react to.
Natural sensitive skin: your skin is fine, fair and often slightly dry; it peels on the surface, it blushes easily (perhaps the beginning of rosacea).
Reactive sensitive skin: the cold, the sun, the wind, unsuitable skincare products and toiletries “ trouble ” your skin. Peels and laser therapy can cause your skin to react strongly.
Occasional sensitive skin: a skin condition, all of which can make your skin more sensitive.
Sensitivity or intolerance, it all depends on the degree of dryness.
Differentiate between sensitive skin and sensitised skin.
Description: A survey was carried out by Laboratoires Pierre Fabre’s epidemiological research group
in eight European countries (285 million inhabitants). The results showed that :
• It’s a problem that affects women and men.
• Almost 100 million people are affected.
• More than one in three people report having sensitive skin.
• 66% of people reporting sensitive skin have an underlying skin disease.
Description: Several factors are responsible:
• The use of unsuitable cosmetic products
• Environmental factors: pollution, wind, sun, etc.
• Lifestyles: stress, smoking, etc.
Description: There are indeed several types of sensitive skin
• Sensitive dehydrated skin: tightness and discomfort...
• Dry and very dry sensitive skin: essential protective functions are weakened, fine lines
• Sensitive, slightly combination or oily skin: small shiny areas on the sides of the nose and the top of the
• Skin sensitive to the environment: the slightest thing makes it more fragile; it reacts to the slightest aggressor
Description: Firstly, you need to limit or avoid, if possible, the factors causing this
• Use cosmetic products specifically intended for sensitive skin
• Avoid irritating or drying cleansing products
• If hard water from the tap damages your skin, use gentle, rinse-free products and spray
a fine mist of Thermal Spring Water to complete your routine.
• Opt for the most neutral skincare products possible: minimal ingredients, no alcohol, etc.
• Specific active ingredients, known to be irritating, should be avoided.
For sensitive skin