A Rich History
Avène's rich history began in a small village of Southern France. The lovely old village of Avène is located in the Orb valley, in the heart of the Haut-Languedoc Regional Park. The climatic conditions provide a lush vegetation and under the Mediterranean and Atlantic influences, Avène enjoys a perfectly balanced climate with plenty of sunshine.
But let us start from the beginning….
A beautiful story
- 1736: It all started when the Marquis de Rocozel’s horse was suffering from stubborn pruritus and was healed after a few swims in the Orb River…this is how the soothing, anti-irritating properties of Avène Thermal Spring Water were discovered.
- 1743: The first patients arrive at the Orb Valley and the Sainte-Odile spring.
- 1871: America discovers Avène Thermal Spring Water's properties after bottles are shipped to the burn victims of the Great Chicago Fire.
- 1874: The Spring is declared to be of “Public Interest” by the French Government.
- 1990: Renovation of the Hydrotherapy Center. Avène Dermatological Laboratories begins its work.
- 1993 and 2003: Production plant expansion.
- 2004: Hydrotherapy Center expansion.
- 2007: Avène Dermatological Laboratories consolidate their international leader position, with products available in close to 100 countries.
A real relationship based on trust is taking place all over the world between Avène Dermatological Laboratories and consumers.
Trust in the dermatological benefits of Avène Thermal Spring Water, included in all the products, but also trust in the relevance of the consistently innovative formulas.